Communications and social media coordinator
Start date: As soon as possible.
Regeneration Canada is a non-profit organization that promotes the regeneration of soil health, in order to mitigate climate change, restore biodiversity, improve water cycles, and support a more productive and fair food system.
We strive towards this goal by raising awareness and mobilizing Canadians about the potential of reversing climate change through regenerative soil management, and about the ways each one of us can contribute. Our activities include developing an interdisciplinary network through our membership, educational workshops, communications activities (social media, web series, awareness campaigns), presentations at events, as well as hosting the Living Soils Symposium, an international national event.
The Communications and social media coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating the communication and social media strategy, in order to increase the reach of the organization to various targeted stakeholders, including farmers, citizens, agronomists, consultants, entrepreneurs, and others.
- Develop the strategy to increase the reach of the organization and increase the community on the following platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube;
- Create and write enticing and bilingual content for social media;
- Develop and coordinate the social media calendar;
- Create visuals on Canva or another program;
- Manage social media platforms daily: make sure that the content of the different platforms is up to date and interact with the community;
- Analyze performance statistics and suggest recommendations;
- Participate in the development and implementation of the organization’s overall communications strategy;
- Write bilingual content for the website and blog;
- Participate in the preparation of monthly newsletters (choice of content & writing);
- Maintain and share a content calendar for all marketing initiatives.
- Degree in communication, marketing, journalism, environment or any other relevant combination of studies and experience;
- Knowledge about environmental science, agriculture and soil science;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in French and English, both in writing and orally;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Versatility, stress management and excellent organizational skills;
- Autonomy and initiative;
- Experience in developing communication tools;
- Extensive experience with Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter;
- Experience with WordPress (optional).
- Full time position at 35 hours / week;
- Salary between $18 and $20 / hour depending on experience;
- Offices in the Mile End;
- Flexible hours and possibility to work from home;
- Work/personal life balance.
HOW TO APPLY
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Those wishing to submit their application should send their CV and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications and Social Media Coordinator” in the subject before October 11, 2019.