We strongly encourage people with one or more disabilities, Indigenous, Black, People of Colour and 2SLGBTQQIAP+ people to apply.
Regeneration Canada (RC) is a national non-profit organization that promotes regenerative agriculture across the country to mitigate climate change, restore biodiversity, improve farmer livelihood, and support a more productive and fair food system. We work on scaling up regenerative agriculture in a fair and equitable manner. Our four pillars of work are education and knowledge sharing, networking building, mobilization and raising awareness and supporting the transition of Canadian supply chains.
WORKING AT REGENERATION CANADA
We are a dynamic team with diverse backgrounds and personalities who share a passion for sustainable agro-food systems, climate change mitigation and soil health. Non-violent communication, and a spirit of collaboration and inclusion are values that guide the way we work. At Regeneration Canada, team members collaborate on a variety of projects, allowing each to contribute to the organization and to the accomplishment of our mission. In the past few months, Regeneration Canada’s growth and reach has mirrored the momentum regenerative agriculture has been gaining all over the country and globally. We are constantly adapting to the growth of the movement, and you will be integral to supporting the sustainable expansion of the organization.
Through your engagement with our nationwide agricultural network, you will have the opportunity to work with many key players in the agriculture ecosystem. This role will take you out into the field and to the heart of the challenges we are all tackling together. The position is both strategic and hands-on as we roll up our sleeves together to make a real and lasting difference in the Canadian agricultural landscape. Our approach to engagement is human-centered: we strive to forge connections with land stewards and producers, listen to their stories and share them with the world. We believe this approach will inspire the shift in understanding required for a truly farmer-led, regenerative transition.
THE KIND OF TEAMMATE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a colleague who is driven, passionate, and who wants to make a difference. This individual should embody a servant leader approach, prioritizing the growth and development of the team and the community they serve. We are looking for someone with a clear vision for the future of Canadian agriculture and an ability to articulate innovative strategies for regenerative practices and community growth. Do you enjoy leading programs, working on multiple initiatives and thinking of innovative ways to communicate and engage with diverse audiences? Are you an experienced communicator with deep knowledge of nature-based solutions and agriculture- both from a scientific and business perspective? We want to talk to you!
Reporting to the Executive Director, you will co-develop and oversee two of RC’s programs : Regenerative Roadmap and Regional Hubs. The Roadmap aims to create a dynamic decision-making matrix and evidence gap map to clearly identify the challenges and opportunities in transitioning to regenerative food systems in Canada. The Regional Hubs are networks of local service hubs, both virtual and physical, tailored to regional needs. These hubs will serve as comprehensive resource centers, offering region-specific services, including regenerative advisors, business and technology consultants, agronomists, change management experts, and community management services. This will involve contributing to the development and implementation of strategies, ensuring the application of internal policies, and co-leading fundraising efforts with other directors in the organization. You are available to meet with producers and other stakeholders outside of business hours if needed. Your leadership will contribute to team development.
YOUR MAIN TASKS
- Collaborate with directors to ensure activities are aligned with the organizational strategy to maximize impact.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to establish a network of Regional Hubs for providing localized support for regenerative agriculture.
- Identify and assess regional needs to tailor services, ensuring the hubs function as comprehensive resource centers offering a wide range of region-specific services to agricultural producers.
- Ensure continuity of the Regenerative Roadmap program development.
- Implement a feedback loop to refine the two programs, from creation through development, proactively making adjustments based on ongoing evaluations.
- Develop the financial and operational aspects of the programs, including fundraising.
- Establish sustainable partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Project team management : supervise current staff and build a team.
- Represent RC at public events, in-person visits to farms or businesses and in meetings.
YOUR EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
We understand that you may not have all of the experience or qualifications listed below. We encourage you to apply if you possess approximately 80% of the essential criteria.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in leading and managing programs or organisations in the Canadian agriculture sector
- Based in Alberta or Saskatchewan
- Experience in sustainable farming practices, regenerative agriculture, and community engagement in rural areas
- Extensive experience with budgeting and fundraising
- Expertise in fostering partnerships with key stakeholders like farmers and indigenous communities and ability to effectively communicate with a diverse audience
- Profound knowledge of the Canadian agricultural sector (policies, funding, supply chains, GHG reductions initiatives)
- Experience working from a farmer-led, multi stakeholder approach that includes industry, academia and agricultural organizations
- Excellent English language skills, both oral and written. Basic French is an asset
- Possess a valid driver’s license (required for the on-site meetings)
This job is for you if you have :
- Experience managing several different projects at once and meeting deadlines
- Experience with workforce expansion, and streamlining current procedures, an asset
- Familiarity with, or interest in a work environment that promotes diversity, equity and inclusion, as well as anti-racism and decolonization in the agricultural sector
BENEFITS WE OFFER
- Permanent, full time position with an average of 37.5 hours/week
- $75 000 per annum, incentive package to be developed upon hiring
- Health benefits
- Five “regenerative” days off per year after 3 months of continuous service*
- Three weeks of paid vacation per year after 1 year of continuous service
- Two weeks off during the winter holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Remote work with travel once a month on average for in-person meetings or conferences
- Work computer provided with Microsoft Office and Zoom
*As part of our practices to make Regeneration Canada an inclusive workplace, employees are entitled to “regenerative” leave days, which can be used as employee-selected paid days off for wellness, unexpected life events, mental health and medical leave, personal or religious holidays beyond public holidays, and other employee-identified priorities.
We strongly encourage people with one or more disabilities, BIPOC people and 2SLGBTQQIAP+ people to apply. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter explaining your motivations for applying, describing your relevant experiences and skills, and any other information you would like to share.
Please send to email@example.com