We strongly encourage people with one or more disabilities, BIPOC people and 2SLGBTQQIAP+ people to apply.
Regeneration Canada is a non-profit organization that promotes the regeneration of soil health, in order to mitigate climate change, restore biodiversity, improve water cycles, and support a more productive and fair food system.
We strive towards this goal by raising awareness and mobilizing Canadians about the potential of reversing climate change through regenerative soil management, and about the ways each one of us can contribute. Our activities include developing an interdisciplinary network through our membership, educational workshops, communications activities (social media, web series, awareness campaigns), presentations at events, as well as hosting the Living Soils Symposium, an international national event.
WORKING AT REGENERATION CANADA
We are a small dynamic team, made up of teammates with varied backgrounds and personalities who share a common passion for soil health. Non-violent communication, the spirit of collaboration and cooperation are all important values that guide the way we work. At Régénération Canada, the work is done by team or by project, where each person contributes to the growth of the organization and the accomplishment of our mission: soil regeneration!
WHAT KIND OF TEAMMATE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a colleague who is driven by the cause of soil regeneration and the fight against climate change, and by the desire to make a difference. This person enjoys leading projects, working on multiple campaigns at the same time and thinking about innovative ways to communicate different messages to a variety of audiences. They are excited by the idea of collaboration and enjoy working in a team.
The Communications and social media coordinator will be responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating the communications and social media strategy, in order to increase the reach of the organization to various targeted stakeholders, including farmers, citizens, agronomists, consultants, entrepreneurs, and others.
Development of communication strategies & data analysis
• Participate in the planning of a global communication strategy for the year
• With the support of the management team, develop communication strategies specific to different activities and campaigns; (for example promotion of the Living Soils • Symposium, webinar series, soil science awareness campaigns, etc.);
• Evaluate and analyze performance statistics and make recommendations;
• Social media management (Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Twitter and YouTube)
• Design and deliver publications in English and French
• Develop and coordinate the publication schedule;
• Interact with the community;
• Design and write bilingual text for our blog, our newsletter and our websites;
• Prepare and send the newsletters and manage contact lists;
• Send communications to our network of members;
• Opportunity to participate in the organization and coordination of events, such as the Living Soils Symposium and webinars.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent writing and communication skills both in French and English;
• Experience designing and developing communication and awareness tools;
• Experience communicating about complex issues and raising awareness;
• Experience developing communications strategies and data analysis;
• Awareness and knowledge of issues related to agriculture in Canada and climate change;
• Experience managing Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Linkedin and Twitter accounts;
• Experience developing communications tools for a very diverse audience (including farmers and the general public);
• Experience managing and sending mass emails (with Mailchimp or other);
• Artistic sensitivity and experience in brand image management;
• Experience managing several different projects at the same time and meeting deadlines;
• Autonomy, sense of initiative, proactivity and curiosity.
• Experience in the regenerative agriculture movement;
• Experience using WordPress;
• Experience working with non-profit organizations;
• Experience with graphic design softwares (such as InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator).
• Full time position at 40 hours / week;
• Salary between $ 43,500 and $ 50,000;
• 3 weeks of vacation;
• 2 weeks off for the holidays;
• 5 “regenerative” days of leave;
• Work/personal life balance;
• Flexibility in the workplace and in the schedule (especially in times of COVID-19: possibility of working from home or at our office in Montreal which is located in a coworking space in the Mile-End);
• Starting date: as soon as possible.
HOW TO APPLY
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Those wishing to submit their application should send their CV and a letter of motivation as soon as possible to email@example.com with “Communications Manager” in the subject.